Hello, and welcome to Mac Learn !
My name is Ian Van Slyke and I provide technical support, data recovery, consulting and training for a wide range of Apple® products in the greater Atlanta area.
I'm here to help you resolve issues and become more productive with your Macs, iPhones, iPads and the software installed on those products.
I can meet you at your home or business to offer a variety of set-up, tech support and training options. Many of my services are also available remotely by connecting to your computer through screen sharing.
I also specialize in data recovery from failing computers, malfunctioning hard drives, and external drives and pride ourselves on keeping our data recovery prices very affordable compared to the competition.
If you're outside of Atlanta, I offer remote support and training for the rest of the United States by connecting remotely through screen sharing for training, tech support and consulting over the web and on the phone.
Ian Van Slyke
My name is Ian Van Slyke, I am an Apple® certified Pro, and the owner of Mac Learn.
I have been working with Apple® products for over 20 years and my goal is to help individuals and businesses to get the most out of their Apple products. You can do amazing things with technology nowadays, but sometimes a little help can go a long way in order for you to get the most out of your devices.
My goal is to make sure I offer professional and affordable service with a friendly and patient attitude. Whether you are experiencing issues, or if you simply want to learn some new tricks, get in touch and I can answer any questions you may have.
- I offer technical support for a variety of software and hardware issues you may encounter while using your Apple devices.
- Through years of experience, I've encountered and helped resolve the majority of issues that users typically run into while using their Macs, iPhones and iPads.
- By using the latest diagnostic software, I can eradicate most problems that cause your devices to slow down or not work properly.
- I specialize in Data recovery for your Macs as well as external hard drives that are failing or will no longer connect to your computer.
- I can install RAM and new hard drives :
I can help you find the right parts and install those for you at affordable rates.
- This is often a great way to speed up your mac and breathe new life into older machines.
- Mac Learn provides Initial and on-going training in the use of your Mac and iOS operating systems and a wide variety of the software installed on your devices.
- I am highly trained on numerous Mac and iOS applications, as well as software from other companies such as Microsoft and Adobe.
- Whether you need beginner help or training for more advanced features, I can customize a training program that will suit your needs.
- It is crucial to make sure your devices and data are backed up and secure. Regularly backing up all your data is critical and there's a number of ways to accomplish that. It's also vitally important to make sure your computers and mobile devices are secure and that you're using passwords wisely.
- Together we can find the right solution to suit your specific needs.
- I can help you organize your files, documents, pictures, videos and other media assets in ways that are safe and makes sense to you.
- We can also set things up to easily sync across multiple devices, and get you set-up with cloud-based solutions if necessary so that you can access your files from anywhere.
- I provide support to get your Mac, iPad and iPhone set up and fully functional, as well as answer your questions about the set-up and operation of your devices. Together we can customize your devices in order for them to work and sync the way you want them to.
- I can also help you transfer files from previous computers and mobile devices to your new ones safely and make sure that everything is migrated over and working properly.
“ Perfect information for what I needed to accomplish, goals I previously was not tasked with. Ian also did a few things on the side that helped our business. Thanks Ian! We will be in touch for the next go-round.”
Ashton Woods Homes
“ Needed updates, clean-up on Macs. Ian was prompt, pleasant, eager to please and taught me a lot as well as cleaned up the issues. Will call on him again for sure.”
“ He works at a very quick pace, and I would highly recommend him !
He has a permanent customer in me for any of my computer needs. ”
Apple announces macOS Sierra
which will be out on Sept. 20th
Now offering support and training remotely using TeamViewer
Apple releases iOS 10
and the new iPhone 7
When it comes out very soon, the new Mac operating system will include Siri, an improved Photos, Apple Pay on the web, iCloud drive improvements, and a number of other improvements. While there is nothing radically different here from El Capitan, the new features are quite useful and easy to use. So, this is a very nice update overall.
In order to improve our services, we have added the ability to help clients remotely using a great application called TeamViewer.
Using TeamViewer we can temporarily access your mac with your permission and provide tech support and training. Using this software, we can provide service remotely instead of meeting at your home or business in order to help you.
Feel free to contact us for more information on this service.
The new iOS operating system brings a number of new features and improvements to the iPhone. There is new widgets, improvements to iMessage, Maps, Control Center, Photos, the Health app, and much more. There is overall a lot of small improvements. Give me a call if you need help with any of it.